Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's this look like?

And what am I doing with it?

Honsetly, every time I think about blogging, it feels like a part of my brain closes down. It has more to do with online journals and how blogs seem to be just that. Journal = Private, at least in my case.

So just like my real life journals, the imaginary journal in my head snaps shut at the very notion that anyone should ever lay eyes on it.

But, I hear good things about blogging. Good stress relief, made new friends, yada yada.

So then, how does one go about blogging anyway? Well since this is the first post, common sense says you should say something interesting about yourself. HAH.

There goes my brain, shutting down again.

Fine. Let's talk about something inpersonal (is anything written really impersonal?). Right now I'm listening to the radio. I should be in bed. The house is a freaking mess. I have a puppy sleeping in my lap. My standard Dachshund Chester (13 year old rescue) and Jack Russel Tessie are sleeping in the chair next to me. Chester's a chair-stealer. And a pillow snatcher. I haven't slept with a pillow for at least a week now.

The puppy on my lap is a Dachshund, too. Actually, he's probably 3/4 Dachshund, 1/4 Chihuahua mix. But he looks Dachshund. Two of his brothers are also pillow snatchers. They're so short, how are they even getting on and off my bed? I used to put them up there, because they'd wake me in the night and I'd roll over and half stupid from sleep pick them up to snuggle and sooth them. Even though they didn't want me. They wanted my pillow.

Kitty-cat on my lap now. I haven't named this one. She's tabby and white. My mother said I should give them away so they'll grow. It's weird, but apparently the kittens stay tiny until given away, then they shoot into full adults in a matter of weeks where they'd been kittens for months and months. My mother's theory is an animal won't grow if you 'wool' it, loving on it daily like I tend to. Practical experiements (the few I'm willing to do, since it involves giving away my babies) seems to support her theory. But whatever. Let the cats stay kittens twice as long as the books say they should. What's the harm?

Maybe there's something in the water?

Besides bleach, I mean. Seriously, well water any day. Espeically over nasty bottled water. 'Purified'? Yeah, I feel like I'm drinking water from the public pool. Did you run it through the jets of the Jacuzzi, too? Mm, tasty. Thanks.

Oh crap, look what I've just done! I've rambled! Oh, no.

Well, I guess I should say one last thing.
Imaddictedtocoffeekaythanksbye.

2 comments:

Deamon said...

Aye, blogging is a good stress reliever (can't you tell from my own blogs?) I love having a good laugh over what people have to say about me. Especially Ashlee. What crawled up her ass? She's an E addict, anyways.

Keep in touch Rest!

Restless said...

Hi Shelly :)

I get super stressful thinking people are reading what I'm writing. It's practically my soul! Haha, and they the judgers of my worth at the pearly gates of da Interwebs.

Ashlee, she's an admin at WF, right? I haven't really met her. You mean the comment she posted to your blog? That was horrible, yes. She feels the need to defend WF and SAI, I can't really blame her I guess, but it was pretty vicious for what I thought was more of a joking post on your part. But apparently I'm the only one who thought your post was funny. Either I'm too desensitized or everyone's taking things way too seriously.

Oh well. Nat's post to you was worse, in my opinion, anyway. Only her goodbye was a wee bit smirk-worthy.